Hand made from natural maize material, this Willow+Hudson baby change basket is strong, lightweight and eco friendly. It includes a white cotton insert.
Use on a flat, stable surface for changing baby's diapers. The basket will continue to be useful long after baby outgrows it - they can be used for toy storage or a pet’s bed.
* Ghanaian basket weavers handcraft this beautiful basket from stiff stalks of elephant grass. Leather handles offer added comfort. This basket is handmade from natural materials and may have slight variations in colour structure, and markings.
*This basket does not come with an Insert
- Elephant grass
25"L x 15"W x 3.5"H
Made in: Ghana
- Hand wash in hot water without soap.
- Lightly hand shape to remove any kinks that may have formed due to the shipping process and then let air dry.
- High Fire danger - keep this product away from heat and flames, and any potential safety hazards.
- This basket is intended for use only when changing baby's diapers.
- Never carry the basket with a baby inside of it.
- Never leave baby unattended in the basket, especially if it is placed up high.
- Always place the basket on a flat, firm, stable surface.
- Avoid moisture - Keep product dry and out of damp areas. If the product becomes damp it is at risk for growing mould.
- Cotton Insert should be regularly washed.
- This product should be inspected regularly for signs of damage and wear. Please remember this basket has been constructed from naturally grown materials and as such is susceptible to wear and tear.
SHAPING YOUR BASKET
I am so excited for you to receive your Willow+Hudson basket! There are a few things to remember. When I ship your baskets, some of them are not shaped. Don't worry, shaping them is fast and easy.
Unfortunately, sometimes during the shipping process, they can get a little out of shape. Best way to straighten out any kinks is to wet the areas of the basket that need fixing with hot water, place on flat surface and then lightly hand mold the basket to an even shape.
Start by wetting the basket with hot water on both sides. Be sure to wet the whole surface. Allow the water to soak in. Allowing the water to completely soak in makes the basket very pliable. Shake off the excess water and place the basket down on a flat surface for shaping. Push out the basket and roll it out twice. The entire shaping process takes just a few minutes once you get the hang of it.
Using a larger sink or bathtub works really well when reshaping the baskets. Be sure to allow baskets to completely dry before use.